If the Renter cancels a confirmed booking full 5 days or more prior to midnight (23:59PM) local time zone of the boat location and if the NYC by Water agrees with the cancellation, the Renter will receive a full refund of the rental price paid. If the Renter cancels a confirmed booking less than full 5 days prior to midnight (23:59PM) local time zone of the boat location, the paid rental price and the associated Service/Processing fee are not refundable. The security deposit, if already on hold at the time of cancellation, will be released. *How to calculate full 5 days before the trip date - If the trip date is June 15th, the deadline for cancellation with a refund is by end of day June 9th at midnight (23:59 PM) local time zone of the boat location. If NYC by Water cancels a confirmed booking at any time, the Renter will get a full refund including the Service/Processing Fee.
· Cancellations due to NO-SHOW If the NYC by Water (or the designated captain) fails to show-up at the time of rental check-in, is unfit to operate the vessel (for captained charters), or does not communicate the correct physical location of the boat, the Renter will receive a full refund including the Service/Processing Fee. If the Renter is a no-show within one hour of the agreed rental check-in, the Renter will not receive any refund (i.e. the boat rental price, extras and the Service/Processing fee).
· Cancellations Due to Fraud NYC By Water may decide to cancel a trip after the booking was confirmed to protect users against fraud or for trust and safety considerations. The Renter will be notified accordingly.
· Cancellations due to bad weather For captained charters, weather cancellations and reschedulings are entirely at the discretion of the Captain or NYC by Water. The Renter can not invoke “bad weather” and request a refund as reason for cancellation unless the Captain or the NYC by Water agrees to it. For captained charter, the Captain will make the decision if the weather conditions are dangerous to get out on the water. Cloudy skies or a slight chance of rain are not grounds for cancellation or rescheduling. If a cancellation or rescheduling is necessary, the Renter must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the reason for rescheduling and NYC by Water will attempt to reschedule the Trip based on its availability and the date when the Renter submitted the request. If a trip is rescheduled the Cancellation policy applies to the initial date of the trip.
· Automated Cancellations in Case of Non-Payment Confirmed bookings will be canceled automatically for non-payment in the following situations: - failure of payment of an installment. All previous payments will be subject to refund according to the applicable cancellation policy; - failure of placing a successful hold on the refundable security deposit
· Other reasons for cancellation If the Renter arrives with more people than the actual boat capacity communicated by NYC by Water, the Renter will not receive any refund (i.e. the boat rental price, extras and the Service/Processing fee), and NYC by Water will automatically receive all respective payments.
How to Cancel If either the Renter needs to cancel a confirmed booking they must send an email to email@example.com asking for the same.
CLAIMS AFTER THE TRIP Renter The Renter has until 12:00PM (noon) local time zone of the boat location the day after the trip to submit a claim and request a partial or total refund. All claims have to be submitted in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org The Renter has to compile documentation (supporting evidence) to file the complaint/claim and send it as attachments. Documentation may include but is not limited to pictures or videos, credible witness statements, screenshots of text and/or email conversations, etc. NYC by Water will weigh and compare the evidence provided by the Renter and will make a determination if the claim is valid. Thanks.